DEADLINE for the July 2024 magazine submission is June 15th 2024!
WHAT SHOULD I WRITE ABOUT?
Recent stories are preferred, but not
required. Did you have an epic adventure on a hunt you would like
to share? Great! Did you have a hard hunt that was unsuccessful but had
valuable lessons learned? Wonderful! We are interested in reviewing
articles about all types of experiences and hunts.
you have an applicable article or topic that you would like to share
with our readers, please let us know and we can discuss and review it.
We are still shaping our categories so are open to ideas and input.
Other topics we would love to see are below:
- Alaskan Conservation, past, present, or future
- Area Specific Stories ( Alaska areas of interest or particular challenge)
- Bow and Arrow Care and Repair
- Arrow Making or Arrowhead Discussion
- How to handle Harsh Environments on a Hunt
- Scent Control
- Best Recipes for Caribou ( or other Game )
- Hunt Planning Do's and Don'ts
- Calling or Baiting Stories or Techniques
- Finding Game Best Practices
- Best Public Land Tactics
- Emergency Prep and Execution
- Stalk and Camp Techniques or Stories
- Float Hunting Trip Stories ( or tips on how to Float Hunt safely)
- Shooting Techniques for a successful Hunt
- Fair Chase Philosophy
- Hunting Experiences ( any Animal )
- Bow Fishing
- Youth Hunting Stories
- Funniest Hunting Incident or Joke
- How Bow hunting has shaped your life
Our Magazine will also include Legislative Updates, Exciting Developments on our Outdoor Range,
Details on Wildlife Habitat, Bow hunting Resources and more!
Please follow the guidelines outlined below:
certain your writing focuses on the topic. Write so that the article
can be easily read and understood as it moves toward the conclusion.
you refer to sources (books, articles, etc.), be certain that you
include an end note (not a footnote) with full reference.
- Submit the article in the following manner:
- Article Length: 600-2000 words. Longer, more substantial articles will be considered first.
- The article should have the title of the article, your name at the top and be double-spaced.
- Send it as an e-mail attachment in Microsoft Word format.
- If requested, send a copy of all references.
receipt of your article, we will acknowledge that it has arrived at our
office. At that time the review and evaluation process will begin.
- We will notify you of our decision once the review process is completed.
- Send any images as an e-mail attachment in Jpeg or PNG Format
Email Submissions or questions to: email@example.com
Excited to see what our members have to share!
Thank you for your contribution!